Managing Fiscal Health
When a loved one is ill, your thoughts may turn to the assistance and management of their finances. The financial health of a loved is often a sensitive and difficult issue, but is just as important as their physical or mental health. Assisting a senior or other loved one with their needs in life often includes managing their finances.
Today, seniors are living longer than previous generations. With this comes complex considerations for their financial future. Home Care Services Santa Clarita is here to help. Our senior financial services are available for you and your loved ones, providing information and resources to help you make informed decisions.
Here are a number of things you can do to help prepare for the future:
- Organize financial documents
- Evaluate investment strategies
- Obtain access to bank and brokerage accounts
- Consider setting up automatic payments to prevent missed payments and service interruptions
- Make sure loved ones have proper insurance
- Encourage savings and monthly budgets
- Discuss will and estate planning
- Get an accurate assessment of their financial situation
There is a lot to take care of after a crisis, or when your loved one is ill. Here are a number of things you should consider during this time:
- Get financial and legal advice from professionals
- Review insurance coverage and government benefits
- Respect your loved one’s opinions and desire for autonomy
- Share financial decisions and duties with the family
- Be aware of your potential liability
- Be prepared for out-of-pocket expenses
- Be on guard against financial scams
- Be aware of how medical expenses will affect finances
As a caregiver you may feel overwhelmed, but you don’t have to make these important decisions alone. Our senior financial services can connect you with a specialized financial planner who will work with you to maximize your financial benefits and reduce the stress of financial management.