When Family Members Need a Break
So often when a loved one needs care or assistance the job falls on to the shoulders of a family member. And while that person does the best they can there comes a point where they just need a break.
Our Case Managers take this kind of arrangement into consideration and develop a plan to coordinate and assist both the family caregiver and the professional caregiver at the same time. This kind of customized care and “team” approach can lead to real solutions to these challenging situations and benefit both the person receiving the care and can also provide respite for the family caregiver. Services can be a set schedule of hours or on an “as needed” basis.
Home Care Services provides respite assistance with any or all of the following:
- Personal grooming and hygiene
- General mobility and movement
- Nutrition, hydration and feeding
- Restroom assistance and incontinence
- Help with bathing and dressing
- Housekeeping tasks and light housecleaning
- Shopping and errands
- Medication reminders and assistance
- Exercise and support of physical therapy requirements
- Accompany your loved one to appointments, advocate and report back to you
- Help with paperwork and paying bills